Friday, May 1, 2009

Reflections From the Proverbs: Worshiping With Trust

Worshiping with trust



Proverbs Chapter Three:
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. NIV
God tells us in Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. NIV
Finding God is a heart search not a mind search. Common sense tells us that it took supreme intelligence to create the complex universe we live in and the earth that we live on. This supremely intelligent creator God tells us that we can have a relationship with Him and it comes by finding Him with our heart.

Trust is also a heart thing. These verses tell us to trust the Lord with all our heart and to not depend on our own ability to comprehend things. Our abilities to understand are very limited. while God’s understand is complete and perfect. The message is, let God be God.

We want to run our lives. We even want to run other peoples lives. God says "Let me have the reigns, let me do the leading. I know what tomorrow is going to be like. I know what will make you ready for the things of tomorrow. I know what will bring true joy in your life. You think you know what will bring fulfillment, but you don’t know all the things I know. There are things your mind can’t even comprehend that I can bring into your life if you let me lead."

Trusting the Lord with everything is a form of worship. It is a form of worship that He rightly deserves. It is saying, " I know who you are and who I am in comparison. I honor who you are by letting you lead. I bend my will to your will acknowledging that you are worthy of this manner of worship."

How many blessings have we missed because we were on roads of our own choosing instead of the path God would lead us on. His love is so relentless. He pursues us. He continually beckons us back toward his leadership, to the path of his choosing. Life seems to be a continually meandering back and forth across his chosen path slowly learning how to stay on it more and more. It is finding that it is on his chosen path that the blessing fall. Some learn more quickly than others that being where the blessings are is the wiser choice.

The verse says in all your ways. In the way that you relate to your spouse, in the way that you relate to your children and grandchildren, in the way that you are a friend, an employee or employer, in the way you do ministry. In the way that you are a neighbor. In the way that you use time and resources. In all your ways, if you acknowledge him as Lord, he will give trustworthy direction.

Dear Father, you are certainly worthy of our trust. We acknowledge the greatness of who you are. Please increase our faith to trust you in all our ways. Help us to find the blessings you have marked out for us on the paths of your choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment